- Are you passionate about working with Children within a family violence context?
- Do you have experience and knowledge of children’s developmental stages?
- Are you experienced in working in a case management framework?
About the Role: We have a challenging and rewarding case management opportunity, providing support to children of clients who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness due to family violence
Working within a case management framework that is client centred, strength based and trauma informed will be;
- Completing comprehensive assessments of children’s safety, development and wellbeing in order to develop client lead case plans and making appropriate referrals.
- Providing one on one support to children and their carer or guardian.
- Providing case management on a daily basis, linking clients to appropriate services, including facilitating and participating in trauma focused child specific groups such as Animal Assisted Education &Therapy group.
- Networking with local services to develop partnerships within the local community to ensure strong referral pathways for clients.
To be Successful: you will have relevant qualifications, experience and knowledge of children’s developmental stages and requirements for a nurturing environment. A demonstrated ability to engage external providers in working cooperatively to achieve service goals and objectives. A comprehensive understanding of the impact of family violence, drug and alcohol abuse, mental health and homelessness and its effects on a child’s development and a person’s capacity to parent and maintain stability for their children. A Knowledge of principles, practice and implementation of Case Management frameworks.
Your terms and conditions are in accordance with the WAYSS Enterprise Agreement including 5 weeks annual leave and immediate access to generous salary packing arrangements which allow you to maximise your take home pay.
You can obtain a position description by visiting our website at www.wayssltd.org.au or phoning 97916111.
Applications close at Midnight on Sunday 25th February 2018.
To maximise your opportunity for employment, it is required that you include the following information:
- A statement of skills and/or experience addressing each key selection criteria. (Details of the key selection criteria are contained in the Position Description). Please carefully read the details in the Position Description before lodging your application.
- A General Resume
- Copies of any formal qualification certificates. Please note original/certified copies of your qualifications will need to be produced at interview.
- Two references (professional) preferable including your current or most recent supervisor.
- During the selection process, applicants may be required to undertake any of the following activities; written exercises, role plays, responding to scenarios, psychological assessment
- If you are successful in your job application, you will be required to fill out a Pre-existing Injury/Disease Declaration Form.
- Employment will be subject to a police check and a Working with Children’s Check as applicable
Applications should be directed to
PO Box 3
Dandenong, Victoria, 3175
For enquiries regarding advertised positions please call 9791 6111.