- Dandenong Based (Dandenong Office & Family Court)
- 12-Month Contract
- Intake & Advocacy
Are you passionate about supporting women and women with children who are homeless or at risk of homelessness?
- Do you have relevant knowledge and experience in supporting clients dealing with family violence within the legal system?
- Do you have demonstrated client assessment, advocacy and referral experience in a family violence context?
- Do you have demonstrated experience in assessment and referral processes within a homelessness context?
- Do you have a well developed knowledge of housing and homelessness services
- Do you have a flexible approach to your work with excellent client service skills
About the role: In this role you will have the opportunity to make a real difference with responsibility for providing assistance to women and women with children experiencing family violence, by providing information, advocacy, assessment and referral to appropriate services. Working with family law courts and court staff (State and Federal), to support the safety of women and their children and to work with all stakeholders to support the safe, effective and efficient resolution of presenting issues.
About Wayss: Wayss is a well respected provider of homelessness and support services to women and women with children experiencing family violence and who are homelessness or at risk of homelessness. As a community based organisation we are committed to the principles of social justice and human rights, and provide clients with services that uphold their rights whilst promoting choice, equality, equity, dignity and respect.
Your terms and conditions are in accordance with the WAYSS Enterprise Agreement including 5 weeks annual leave and immediate access to generous salary packing arrangements which allow you to maximise your take home pay.
You can obtain a Position Description by visiting our Website at www.wayssltd.org.au or phoning 97916111.
Please note: for your application to be considered, please ensure you attach your responses to the Key Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description.
Applications close at 9:00 am Friday 31 August 2018
How to apply
To maximise your opportunity for employment, it is required that you include the following information:
- A statement of skills and/or experience addressing each Key Selection Criteria. (Details of the Key Selection Criteria are contained in the Position Description). Please carefully read the details in the Position Description before lodging your application.
- A General Resume
- Copies of any formal qualification certificates. Please note original/certified copies of your qualifications will need to be produced at interview.
- Two references (professional) preferable including your current or most recent supervisor.
- During the selection process, applicants may be required to undertake any of the following activities; written exercises, role plays, responding to scenarios, psychological assessment
- If you are successful in your job application, you will be required to fill out a Pre-existing Injury/Disease Declaration Form.
- Employment will be subject to a police check and a Working with Children’s Check
Applications should be directed to Human Resources via the document upload at https://www.wayssltd.org.au/work-with-us/jobs
For enquiries regarding advertised positions please call 9791 6111.