- An Opportunity to make an immediate difference
- A passion for empowering Young People?
- Small Team
- Based in our Pakenham Office
The Role: We are currently seeking a Case Worker for our Youth Support Services team in the Casey Cardinia team. This position is both exciting and challenging and offers applicants the opportunity to work with young people(aged 16-25) within a case management framework who are homeless or at risk of homelessness facilitating their participation in meeting objectives of independent living and /or working to reconnect them with family safely.
Seeking a workplace where professional development is encouraged? You will work in a supportive team where you are the first point of contact for people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. As many will be experiencing crisis, you will need empathy for our clients and an ability to relate effectively and sensitively to people from diverse backgrounds.
About Wayss: Wayss is a leading and well respected provider of homelessness support services to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness, based in the southern area of Melbourne. At Wayss we believe a safe place to sleep and freedom from violence is a human right – it is for everyone.
We pride ourselves on the delivery of specialist service and support ensuring the best possible outcomes for our clients. As a community service organisation we are committed to the principles of social justice and human rights, and provide clients with services that uphold their rights and promote dignity, safety, choice, equity, and system change.
.To succeed in this role you will be passionate about working with young people and have strong client assessment, referral and advocacy skills. You will have demonstrated skills and knowledge in case management practise, housing options for young people, working with other service providers, agencies and jurisdictions relevant to supporting young people suffering homelessness.
- Generous Salary Packaging Options,
- Access to Attractive Discounts on Vehicle and Electrical Goods;
- Mobile Phone with personal use included
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
You can obtain a position description by visiting www.wayssltd.org.au or phoning 97916111.
For your application to be considered, please ensure you address the key selection criteria in the position description.
Applications close at 9:00 am Monday 18th June 2018.
To maximise your opportunity for employment, it is required that you include the following information:
- A statement of skills and/or experience addressing each key selection criteria. (Details of the key selection criteria are contained in the Position Description). Please carefully read the details in the Position Description before lodging your application.
- A General Resume
- Copies of any formal qualification certificates. Please note original/certified copies of your qualifications will need to be produced at interview.
- Two references (professional) preferable including your current or most recent supervisor.
- During the selection process, applicants may be required to undertake any of the following activities; written exercises, role plays, responding to scenarios, psychological assessment
- If you are successful in your job application, you will be required to fill out a Pre-existing Injury/Disease Declaration Form.
- Employment will be subject to a police check and a Working with Children’s Check as applicable
Applications should be directed to
PO Box 3
Dandenong, Victoria, 3175 or
Email to email@example.com
For enquiries regarding advertised positions please call 9791 6111.