- Dandenong based
- Looking to make a difference to people’s lives?
- Competitive remuneration - in the range of $31- $33 per hour
- Access to a salary packaging program
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Access to Attractive Discounts on Vehicle and Electrical Goods
- Mobile Phone with personal use included!
Seeking a workplace where professional development is encouraged? You will work in a supportive team where you are the first point of contact for people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. As many will be experiencing crisis, you will need empathy for our clients and an ability to relate effectively and sensitively to people from diverse backgrounds.
About Wayss: Wayss is a leading and well respected provider of homelessness support services to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness, based in the southern area of Melbourne. At Wayss we believe a safe place to sleep and freedom from violence is a human right – it is for everyone.
We pride ourselves on the delivery of specialist service and support ensuring the best possible outcomes for our clients. As a community service organisation we are committed to the principles of social justice and human rights, and provide clients with services that uphold their rights and promote dignity, safety, choice, equity, and system change.
About the Role: As an Initial Assessment and Planning Worker, you will provide information, referral and support to assist families and individuals to find short term and long term secure and affordable housing utilising the Wayss assessment and referral framework.
As an Initial Assessment and Planning Worker, you will be required to screen clients to determine homelessness or risk of homelessness; provide initial assessment of clients to determine immediate homelessness related needs and risks; and develop a course of action that involves planning, matching resources to client need, the active referral to appropriate housing, support and material aid services and if required, direct service delivery including emergency accommodation, material aid and assistance to access public housing, legal and financial services.
The successful applicant will have assessment, engagement and advocacy skills and be knowledgeable about housing options and referral processes for people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. You will also be able to make sound decisions quickly. In addition you will have demonstrated ability and experience in working in a team and independently.
Your terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Wayss Enterprise Agreement, including five (5) weeks annual leave and immediate generous salary packaging options allowing you the opportunity to maximise your take home pay.
For your application to be considered, please ensure you address the key selection criteria in the Position Description.
Applications close at 9:00 am Wednesday 26th April 2018
How to apply
To maximise your opportunity for employment, it is required that you include the following information:
- A statement of skills and/or experience addressing each key selection criteria. (Details of the Key Selection Criteria are contained in the Position Description). Please carefully read the details in the Position Description before lodging your application.
- A General Resume
- Copies of any formal qualification certificates. Please note original/certified copies of your qualifications will need to be produced at interview.
- Two references (professional) preferable including your current or most recent supervisor.
- During the selection process, applicants may be required to undertake any of the following activities; written exercises, role plays, responding to scenarios, psychological assessment
- If you are successful in your job application, you will be required to fill out a Pre-existing Injury/Disease Declaration Form.
- Employment will be subject to a police check and a Working with Children’s Check as applicable
Applications should be directed to
PO Box 3
Dandenong Victoria 3175
Applications should be submitted via the Website https://www.wayssltd.org.au/work-with-us/jobs
For enquiries regarding advertised positions please call 9791 6111.