Southern Women’s Integrated Support Service (SWISS) provides services to women and women with children who are homeless or at risk of homelessness due to current or immediate family violence.
SWISS operates from a secure residential facility for women and children, which is staffed 24 hours with workers who provide information, referral and support within a case management framework.
SWISS Workers can assist you with:
- Crisis accommodation including motel and referral to secure crisis housing.
- Crisis interventions such as Family Violence Risk Assessment and referral for personal or group counselling.
- Access to gain income support and/or financial counselling.
- Limited material aid, which may include food, personal hygiene products, sleepwear, children's clothes and activity packs.
- Referral for legal issues, Intervention Orders and Court support.
- Immediate medical issues and other health requirements.
- Advocacy and liaison with police.
- Referral to and liaison with community agencies and government services as required.
- Lock changes and other security measures to make a property safe for a woman to remain in her own home.
- Working towards securing affordable and safe long-term accommodation.
- Referral to other WAYSS programs.
You can contact us yourself.
If you have a worker they can refer you.
You can access SWISS by calling 03 9792 1205 between 8am and 11pm every day.
SWISS are funded to provide assistance to women from the Cities of Greater Dandenong, Frankston and Casey and the Shire of Cardinia.