Initial Assessment and Planning (IA&P) is a homelessness service and is the primary entry point for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness throughout Victoria.
IA&P workers can assist you to address your housing needs by discussing your circumstances and trying to find the best option. It is best if you contact as early as possible. You will need to bring some documents with you, such as identification, income details, current rental agreements.
Initial Assessment & Planning (IA&P) can work with you to address your housing issues:
- Information, advice, advocacy and referral in response to an individual’s housing needs.
- Assistance to people who do not have a safe place to stay that night.
- Referrals to other government and community support services.
- Referrals to WAYSS programs.
- Advocacy on housing related issues or facilitated referrals to more specialised tenancy rights and advocacy services.
- Limited financial assistance, if eligible as per Office of Housing Guidelines, for rent in advance, rent arrears or crisis and/or short term accommodation utilising Housing Establishment Funds (HEF).
You can contact us yourself.
If you have a worker they can refer you.
You can access your nearest entry point by calling 1800 825 955 from anywhere in Victoria.
WAYSS IA&P services are funded to provide assistance to people in the Cities of Greater Dandenong, Frankston, Casey and the Shires of Cardinia and Mornington Peninsula. WAYSS Frankston IA&P services only provide rent arrears therefore all crisis presentations will be directed to The Salvation Army SalvoCare Eastern services – Frankston Mornington Peninsula. Our main emphasis is on providing assistance to people in these areas, however all efforts will be made to deliver appropriate assistance to people from outside these areas.